Filson Livestock Equipment
The first cattle chute was constructed in the backyard garage in 1946 by Ben Filson for someone that would like to have "something to hold cattle while working them." This chute was made of used odds and ends, pipe, one-way gears and other old metal, but it worked!! As time went on, Ben was asked to build a few more chutes for area farmers and ranchers. He expanded his sales territory by selling off the back of his truck at sale barns. In 1959, Gary joined his father and by this time a number of dealers had been established throughout the Midwest. As the cattle industry has changed, other livestock related equipment was added to production. Today, Filson's has a full line of equipment to meet the needs of cattlemen throughout the USA and also outside the United States.